The 2015 results:
- 205 delegates representing 112 companies from 41 countries joined the 30th IELA Congress
- 355 delegates representing 199 companies from 49 countries joined the 4th Partnering Event
- Over 735 meetings took place during the Congress networking session and over 2.593 meetings were arranged during PE networking session
The formal 2015 General Assembly opened proceedings with a brief report of IELA's Vice-Chairwoman, Mariane Ewbank and the Treasurer's Report by Ulrich Kasimir. This was followed by the re-election of four Board Members: Mariane Ewbank (Fulstandig Shows e Eventos Ltda), Ulrich Kasimir (Schenker Deutschland AG), Jim Kelty (Airways Freight Corporation) and Ravinder Sethi (R.E. Rogers Inda Pvt Ltd).
The 2015 Working Group Sessions on June 28th 2015 aroused huge interest of many members and the (partly new) Chairmen presented exciting results the day after.
During this year's IELA Forum, our 2015 keynote speakers gave input of the key issues facing the Asian exhibition and event industry.
- Mr. Stephan Tan, Chairman of Singapore Exhibition Services
Overview of the exhibition market and its trends impacting the industry
- Mr. Mark Cochrane, UFI's Regional Manager Asia Pacific
Key issues facing the exhibition industry in Asia as well as the key growth drivers including venue capacity, technology and education programmes
- Mr. Nat Wong, President at Reed Exhibitions Greater China
Exhibitions enter a new chapter in China: The policy and infrastructural changes impacting organisers, their events and service providers
IELA's Standards Survey is the service level-based tool that benchmarks our member's performacne, professionalism and quality. The annual awards were presented during the Gala Dinner at Clifford Pier:
- Best Domestic Agent 2014: GBH Exhibition Forwarding Ltd, UK
- Best Export Agent 2014: Swiss Expo Logistics AG, Switzerland
Also Robert Moore (Agility Fairs & Events, Australia) got the Individual Merit Award for his outstanding efforts for the association.
For the first time, the 2015 Winter Seminar's Best Student, Daniel Harding (CEVA Showfreight, UK) was also awarded with the Best Student Award for his terrific efforts and participation at the educational programme for young professionals.
We want to thank you for having joined us in spectacular Singapore! We hope you had a great time, meeting friends and developing new business. This is one Congress that will be remembered for a very long time. We also would like to extend our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to our hosts Agility Fairs & Events and Transit Air Cargo Singapore Pte Ltd as well as this year's sponsors.